Pages

7.07.2012

4th of Awesome

I have had some pretty awesome Independence Day celebrations. One year, I went to the Stadium of Fire and watched Carrie Underwood perform. That alone was magical.

One year I hiked the Y and watched it from there. Even though the fireworks were not as enjoyable, the company was. 

This year makes the list of awesome 4th of July. I went to a nice breakfast hosted by my family's ward, and then I went to work. While that sounds awful, I made A LOT of money. So that was nice, and then I got out of there by 3, just in time for my friend's family barbeque. We had food and chatted and did our nails until it was time for me to rejoin my own family for some fun.

My dad has been wanting to watch a movie, so we decided to catch the new Spiderman. {If you haven't seen it yet, go now! I liked it a lot more than the previous making, mainly because of the cast. Emma Stone, c',mon and Andrew Garfield is SO fine.}

And after the movie, C and I headed over to our friend L's family fireworks party. Now, L's dad is quite the party planner. I'm always so happy to see her family no matter the occasion, but when it involves food I know I am in for a treat.

They had rented out the top floor/terrace of the new Utah Valley Convention Center. It overlooked all of Provo & Orem, and even before the actual fireworks started, we could see personal fireworks show dotting the horizon. When we entered the terrace, a juggler greeted us. A photographer was constantly snapping pictures. A small band was playing in the corner. A hulu-hoop fire dancing girl was entertaining a crowd. There was a chocolate fountain. A smoothie bar and an ice sculpture that you got your lemonade from. Two crepe making chefs and a LOT of food.

 The fireworks show started and I was in good company. I went home quite happy and tired. I'm hoping my next 4th will be just as amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment