Pages

7.07.2012

Popcorn breaks & Fro Yo

It's Saturday night and I'm listening to Miranda Lambert and C talking on the phone to our friend H about her date.

C was set up by a neighbor and without any Facebook stalking, she consented to it.

The boy seemed a little confused about how to...date.

C's date left her several times during the date for a 20 minute bathroom break or to buy something from the concessions.
When C told me about her date, I couldn't help but laugh. And then it made me realize how lucky I have been with blind dates. Or dates for that matter.

A summer or two ago I found myself chatting it up with a co-worker at my new job. While I have a strict no dating co-worker rule, I decided to give M a chance since he seemed like a genuinely nice guy  So we exchanged numbers and started to hang out.

And you know what happened?

M actually was a nice guy.

He called when he said he would call. Even though I resisted, he would persist on picking or dropping me off. He was thoughtful, making sure I wasn't too cold and that we always got fro yo {my addiction}. He carried my purse and even me sometimes when I got too tired to get up.  M and I watched a lot of movies that summer and not once did he ever leave me alone in the theater to get popcorn.

Obviously M and I didn't work out for a lot of reasons, but I definitely do not regret my decision of getting to know him. He changed my perception on men and I wish him the very best and whoever he ends up with will be the luckiest girl in the world. If only all dates could be like dates with M...




No comments:

Post a Comment