Pages

6.15.2012

A third leg

On Monday, I became the girl with three legs.

The third actually being my left leg and the other two being my crutches. Since my run to the finish line on a sprained ankle, my right leg has completely given up and rejects being a part of my body. Just a few hours after my run and the adrenalin was gone, my ankle started swelling up. Then it turned a pretty deep shade of purple. I had already taken the max amount of Ibuprofen and used up all the ice in the apartment so the only logical thing for me to do was call home.

My sister came to pick me up and I have spent the last couple of days at my parent's house.

At first it was nice. There was unlimited ice and food as well as a nice couch to lay on. By the second day, I was done.

Have you tried sitting on the couch for 5+ hours with the inability to get up and do anything for yourself? Sure, my family has been more than accommodating, but when the simplest of tasks is beyond you, that is when it gets to be frustrating.

I had originally planned to stay at my parent's house for only a few days.

It has been almost a week. And I wish I could say that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but today was the first time I was finally able to stand up without the help of crutches.

At least my family gets quite the laugh out of seeing me struggle with my two metal stick additions to my walking. But really, I have never been more envious of people who can simply get up and walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment