Best weekend ever.
Friday morning, I headed to the Newsuem. It is one of the newer museums in DC dedicated to journalism/broadcasting.
AMAZING. I highly recommend it. There is a pricey entrance fee but well worth it. Super interactive and such unique displays.
I spent a good portion of the morning there and then went to class.
Class was fine. Learned things.
Took a nap and then headed to Chinatown for SUSHI.
We were early for our reservation so we explored Chinatown. The Chinatown in DC is tiny compared to a lot of cities but it wasn't bad. Found some pretttyyy interesting stores.
Sushi is always good.
{DC has the best food. Hands down. I have yet had a meal that I was not happy with. I'll probably starve when I get back to Utah from being so spoiled!}
Since we were there for Happy Hour, the sushi was cheaper!
After sushi, we headed to Adams Morgan to see what was happening on a Friday night. We found some pretty cool stores, made friends with some tattoo artists, and stopped for a cupcake. {Duh.}
We had heard about a club/venue called 9:30 and stopped by to see the list of tours stopping by.
Forever the Sickest Kids and Good Charlotte were scheduled to play that night and tickets were completely sold out.
I have some of FTSK's songs but the only GC songs I know are from the radio.
That being said, we were offered free tickets by a nice man {he was more than nice....and intoxicated.}
So we found ourselves in the midst of a Good Charlotte concert.
The next day, surprisingly, I got up at 8.
{Since being in DC I can wake up early. I KNOW, crazy.}
Subwayed to Eastern Market. Still my favorite place in DC.
They have this little side restaurant that makes Blueberry Buckwheat pancakes. Get there early or else you will be waiting in line for 45 minutes, they are that good!
After breakfast with some of the BC kids, I met up with my roommate at the Holocaust Museum.
You can just tell that the architect put a lot of thought into the design of the building. The museum was very educational, but it was also very...heavy. All the pictures and video clips showed the ugliest acts of the human race so plan something happy afterwards.
For example, like Dim Sum!
The dim sum was somewhat Americanized but it wasn't bad. They had some traditional dishes and it was all very fresh.
Did some shopping, and now I am heading out to celebrate a friend's birthday!
LOVE DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment