I work with one.
It has been the most interesting thing I have ever had to put up with.
Usually, I wouldn't.
And I don't. At first I tried to be professional and ignore him, but now I am just too tired of his behavior so I just tell him how dumb he is.
It isn't because I like to be rude {although on some days it may seem like that haha} but I can be too blunt. I can be really good at masking my emotions when I really need to but when you are consistently bothering me then it becomes a problem.
Neanderthal {we will refer to him as N from here on} is exactly the stereotypically, simple minded, underdeveloped, naive specimen that society has portrayed.
This N thinks that hot pockets are the staple of every day life. He finds nothing wrong with microwaving Mac N' Cheese in a Styrofoam cup. He also believes that when he creates a table in Excel and exports it to Word, he is the world's next genius and will refer to it as "a program he created".
After having to spend 10+ hours a day with N, I can now say from first hand experience that a high GPA does not mean everything. N has a pretty high GPA but I am pretty sure he has the IQ/EQ of a slug.
However, being a simple primitive, N is innocent. He doesn't mean to hurt anyone. Actually, N tries pretty hard to be a good person. He just goes about it at all the wrong ways.
N believes that females were created to iron his shirts and make him healthy lunches.
{.........Uh..huh. I won't even talk about what ensued about this statement.}
He also struggles with pronouncing English, which is suppose to be his mother tongue.
N is also very limited in talents or cultural education. I have watched him pick vegetables out of his meal like a 5 year old simply because he had never tried a bell pepper, didn't know if he liked it so he resorted to just never eating one.
Also, do not try to explain to N that at some restaurants, instead of giving out candy or cookies for dessert, they give out fruit. He has no concept of anything healthy.
Like all Neanderthals, N is pretty prideful and, well, not too bright. If you try to have a simple conversation with N while he is stapling a packet of paper together, he will completely forget who he is or what he was doing in the first place.
Sometimes you don't even have to distract him, he does it all by himself!
For example, one time N was moving a box to one end of the office for scanning purposes and completely forgot what he needed to do with the box so he just returned with it.
The positive side to it is that if you give N one simple task, like wiping the scuff marks off the side of the office walls, it can occupy a good portion of his morning.
N also likes to make pointless arguments. Which is silly because he is frightened easy to the point where he tried to establish a rule of "No debating" in the apartment complex.
{Are we in fourth grade? Ok everyone, fold your arms, cross your legs, and no intellectually stimulating conversations that some people can't participate in.}
Did I mention that N can be a sore loser?
N also likes to think that because he has Y chromosome, he is entitled to certain things in life.
Such as:
- Free meals
- the company of any female
- desserts
- compliments
- saying ignorant and sexist comments
- guns
He also believes that not only is he the funniest Neanderthal alive, but that he is also the most wanted.
As a fellow intern/co-worker, I tried my hardest to politely educate him and possibly correct his skewed perceptions. But I am human, and I can only take so much.
{Plus, I have about the patience of a goldfish}
If he isn't being funny, I tell him that he is not funny.
If he says something sexist, I wish him luck in finding a women willing to put up with what he just said.
If he says anything selfish or rude, I tell him that he is selfish and rude.
Obviously, N's pride doesn't like it.
One time, N was trying to figure out how to play music in the office's conference room computer system. I very politely but firmly told him that the time he has been wasting trying to "play music when we are suppose to be working" could have been put towards our assignment, he huffed and puffed....and stormed out the office.
No joke.
N - a 23 year old who spent two years of his life out on his own, teaching others the gospel - walked out of the office.
He came back. After 35 minutes.
He came in, looking a little red in the face, and declared that he was not feeling well.
{Grrrrr}
Along with the stereotypical Neanderthal-like comments, N has also mastered the egotistic male walk.
What, you ask, is the egotistic male walk?
We have all seen it before.
It is when the hips are thrust slight outwards. Shoulders straightened out and pulled back in order to create the appearance of bulk. Chin is set up and out in order to portray confidence.
Sometimes a little side to side hip movement is required. The arms swing aggressively with giant motions and in any opportunity, he creates attention in the area where his legs meet.
This includes sitting with his legs so far apart and his body pushed as far as the chair permits in order for the world to view. Or wearing pants tighter than leggings.
If all this does not bother you, take comfort in knowing that while N is playing music from his Iphone, checking personal email, or wiping scuff marks off walls, your tax dollars go towards his next purchase of leggings. Oh I mean pants.
Yah, now you feel my pain.
It has been the most interesting thing I have ever had to put up with.
Usually, I wouldn't.
And I don't. At first I tried to be professional and ignore him, but now I am just too tired of his behavior so I just tell him how dumb he is.
It isn't because I like to be rude {although on some days it may seem like that haha} but I can be too blunt. I can be really good at masking my emotions when I really need to but when you are consistently bothering me then it becomes a problem.
Neanderthal {we will refer to him as N from here on} is exactly the stereotypically, simple minded, underdeveloped, naive specimen that society has portrayed.
This N thinks that hot pockets are the staple of every day life. He finds nothing wrong with microwaving Mac N' Cheese in a Styrofoam cup. He also believes that when he creates a table in Excel and exports it to Word, he is the world's next genius and will refer to it as "a program he created".
After having to spend 10+ hours a day with N, I can now say from first hand experience that a high GPA does not mean everything. N has a pretty high GPA but I am pretty sure he has the IQ/EQ of a slug.
However, being a simple primitive, N is innocent. He doesn't mean to hurt anyone. Actually, N tries pretty hard to be a good person. He just goes about it at all the wrong ways.
N believes that females were created to iron his shirts and make him healthy lunches.
{.........Uh..huh. I won't even talk about what ensued about this statement.}
He also struggles with pronouncing English, which is suppose to be his mother tongue.
N is also very limited in talents or cultural education. I have watched him pick vegetables out of his meal like a 5 year old simply because he had never tried a bell pepper, didn't know if he liked it so he resorted to just never eating one.
Also, do not try to explain to N that at some restaurants, instead of giving out candy or cookies for dessert, they give out fruit. He has no concept of anything healthy.
Like all Neanderthals, N is pretty prideful and, well, not too bright. If you try to have a simple conversation with N while he is stapling a packet of paper together, he will completely forget who he is or what he was doing in the first place.
Sometimes you don't even have to distract him, he does it all by himself!
For example, one time N was moving a box to one end of the office for scanning purposes and completely forgot what he needed to do with the box so he just returned with it.
The positive side to it is that if you give N one simple task, like wiping the scuff marks off the side of the office walls, it can occupy a good portion of his morning.
N also likes to make pointless arguments. Which is silly because he is frightened easy to the point where he tried to establish a rule of "No debating" in the apartment complex.
{Are we in fourth grade? Ok everyone, fold your arms, cross your legs, and no intellectually stimulating conversations that some people can't participate in.}
Did I mention that N can be a sore loser?
N also likes to think that because he has Y chromosome, he is entitled to certain things in life.
Such as:
- Free meals
- the company of any female
- desserts
- compliments
- saying ignorant and sexist comments
- guns
He also believes that not only is he the funniest Neanderthal alive, but that he is also the most wanted.
As a fellow intern/co-worker, I tried my hardest to politely educate him and possibly correct his skewed perceptions. But I am human, and I can only take so much.
{Plus, I have about the patience of a goldfish}
If he isn't being funny, I tell him that he is not funny.
If he says something sexist, I wish him luck in finding a women willing to put up with what he just said.
If he says anything selfish or rude, I tell him that he is selfish and rude.
Obviously, N's pride doesn't like it.
One time, N was trying to figure out how to play music in the office's conference room computer system. I very politely but firmly told him that the time he has been wasting trying to "play music when we are suppose to be working" could have been put towards our assignment, he huffed and puffed....and stormed out the office.
No joke.
N - a 23 year old who spent two years of his life out on his own, teaching others the gospel - walked out of the office.
He came back. After 35 minutes.
He came in, looking a little red in the face, and declared that he was not feeling well.
{Grrrrr}
Along with the stereotypical Neanderthal-like comments, N has also mastered the egotistic male walk.
What, you ask, is the egotistic male walk?
We have all seen it before.
It is when the hips are thrust slight outwards. Shoulders straightened out and pulled back in order to create the appearance of bulk. Chin is set up and out in order to portray confidence.
Sometimes a little side to side hip movement is required. The arms swing aggressively with giant motions and in any opportunity, he creates attention in the area where his legs meet.
This includes sitting with his legs so far apart and his body pushed as far as the chair permits in order for the world to view. Or wearing pants tighter than leggings.
If all this does not bother you, take comfort in knowing that while N is playing music from his Iphone, checking personal email, or wiping scuff marks off walls, your tax dollars go towards his next purchase of leggings. Oh I mean pants.
Yah, now you feel my pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment