Pages

9.03.2010

Boo for Baby albums

Today I logged onto Facebook hoping to be relieved from my boredom.
Maybe someone was now in a sketchy relationship or there were new pictures of that slut from high school that people ...stalk
{Whhhatt? Everyone does it. It's called Stalkbook for a reason!}

Anyways I was not greeted with juicy gossip or funny details to get me through my geography paper. {I am just absolutely thrilled about that class. Not.}
Nooo I was slammed with a bunch of baby albums. 

You know what I am talking about. Everyone has that one distant family member or friend that just recently gave birth and became a mother. 
Sure, it's exciting. Congrats! Your baby is so cute, she/he looks just like you/your husband!

It's all great fun and good news...

until they invade your facebook news feed.

The first album titled "Baby's 1st month" was precious. I flipped through a couple of the pictures and smiled at the cute baby outfits. 

Then I started scrolling down the "Baby's 2nd month" album, maybe clicking on one or two that looked somewhat interesting. 

I didn't even bother scrolling through the 98 pictures in "Baby's 2nd month & 2 weeks" album. I just looked at the cover picture. 

Now I am writing a blog post because we are now on "Baby's 5th month" which holds 81 pictures of the same baby pose which, for a baby who is ONLY 5 months old, is simply laying there looking confused. Maybe an occasional thumb suck or foot grab happens. This poor baby has his/her entire life documented and placed on a social network where immature teens and weird college students find friends with benefits and talk about crazy weekend nights.

There are literally pictures of this baby in every single area/furniture of the house in every single possible baby clothing they own in every single possible position that a baby can hold as the shutter clicks away.

If you scroll down at the perfect speed, it is almost like watching a movie. OMG the baby is crawling from one end of the couch to the other!!! Quick, take 800 pictures!!!
Not only should we put these on facebook but we should probably print copies and send them to our family and friends and then print out more copies to scrapbook and place around the house!
{The sarcasm dripped off from this blog post onto my desk and all over my geography paper so screw facebook and baby albums!}


Don't worry though, Baby's 5th month started in September. 
We have plentttttyyyy of time to document the transition from 5th to 6th month.


No comments:

Post a Comment