Pages

8.29.2010

Comebacks

I was at work the other day when a fellow co-worker made an inappropriate/shocking comment to me.  This happened around 7:10 pm.
I was so taken back that I just stood there, mouth open, with a confused look. The co-worker continued to expound on this comment, enjoying the awkwardness of the situation.
The entire time I just stood there. Listening to this inappropriate one-way conversation. For the rest of the shift I just stayed out of this co-worker's way. At around 9:47 pm as I was folding a red napkin for my side work I instantly thought of a comeback. 

I got all excited because I realized I had thought of a witty comeback that would crush this co-worker's enthusiasm and goal to be so disagreeable. I imagined his/her face contorted from the agony of the comeback and me happily skipping into the horizon. 

This was all just fleeting moment of happiness because I quickly realized that it had been more than two hours since the comment was made and that it took me a good two hours to come up with a comeback. 
 
The restaurant was completely empty except for the few kitchen workers and managers that were closing up the store. And none of them heard his/her comment so even if I were to share the comeback I would have to back up and explain the entire story...and in addition they probably just wouldn't care. 

I sighed and felt even worse then before because not only had I spent two hours on a comeback that was probably NOT a good comeback but I didn't even have a person to SHARE it with. 
Which means I couldn't even laugh at him/her from behind their backs and mock them and make fun of them and day dream of how epic it would have been if I had thought of that comeback two hours earlier.

It was just a lose-lose situation and made work less likable. 
 
Poopy days are just no fun and I don't want to have another one of them for a while. Ok? 

p.s. school is starting... TOMORROW!

p.s.s I am soooo nervous and stressed and excited and antsy that I wake up thinking I just missed my first class or something. It is horrible; I feel like my heart is about to break from my heart...cavitiy {?} and run away so it doesn't have to go to school. 

BLEH.


No comments:

Post a Comment