I turn 21 a week from today.
YIKES.
How did I get this old??!!
I remember when I turned 17...it was a Friday and I had already made plans with my study group to study for my AP chemistry test. I don't really like letting people know my birthday so I try not to bring attention or mention it at all. I think it has something to do with the fact that if I did I would expect or hope that something great would happen on my birthday and when it doesn't I would be really sad about it.
Anyways as I was about to leave for my study session I stopped home to grab a few things when to my surprise I found that my entire room had been decorated with balloons and streamers. My friends had planned all of it along with a day of activities.
Since then birthdays have been pretty awesome. We would spend winter nights in a hotel up in Park City or party on the strip in Vegas.
Each year I just looked forward to doing something exciting and fun to celebrate another year past but this year....
I would rather not turn 21. I would be very much ok with just being 20 again. Or 19.
But 21? I just feel like once I get past this threshold there is nothing holding me back from turning 35. I am held accountable to all sorts of things and the responsibilities just get heavier.
I am an adult now.
Oh gosh I think I am having a mini stroke and developing an ulcer just thinking about how old I am getting.
i totally feel the same way :/ that is why, instead of turning 20 this year, i'm turning 19 again. wayyy less stress :)
ReplyDelete