Pages

10.05.2010

Terminal Illness

I have a terminal illness.


Joke. But how I wish it was true. 


After the recap of the last two days you will wish that I had a terminal illness just to put me out of my own misery. 

On Monday I went to class at nine. As I sat waiting patiently for the class to start a nice boy calmly said, "There is a spider in your hair." 

I froze. 
"Please get it off me." I said with all the control I had. 

After what seemed like a million years the spider was gone. On top of that I was wearing business attire because I had my Washington Internship interview after class. This is an issue I would like to address now because who ever thought that we should sit people in cubicles for hours every day wearing the most uncomfortable clothing there is was obviously disturbed and wanted to torture human beings. 
Anyways I was wearing business attire and headed to lunch. The Blue Line deli has some pretty great sandwiches and I was really excited to have lunch with Heather, her dad, and my Reuben sandwich. But for some unknown reason, it was a difficult day to make sandwiches at the deli. The sandwiches were all made funny and took forever and people started fighting over food....and all I wanted was a half sandwich. 

After lunch I headed to my interview but don't worry, it was pouring. BIG fat globs of rainwater were just covering all of BYU campus...I walked through that to get to my interview so that was cool.

The interview was annoying because it was kinda useless. They waited until the last minute to interview people and the interview turned out to be kind of a joke. (Watch, now I am not going to get in just because I said that.)

After my interview, my head was hurting but I resolved to do homework in the TA lab. I went in there and found the TA in the office to be of NO HELP. When I asked a question, he would answer it without actually answering my question. Annoying? Heck yes. 


I rushed home to get ready for work. Work was long and boring and uneventful and I didn't even make that much money. I got home and realized that I have a quiz, a test, and a speech due the next day. 

So I spent 4 hrs doing that. 

I went to my 9:30 class and took my quiz. I didn't have time to sit through class because I had to take my test. As the girl behind the counter scanned for my test, they realized that they had handed my test out to another student and  now needed to find it. So I waited at the testing center for 20 mins while they looked through every single student taking a test to see if they had my test. 
I finally got to take my test and I finished the 2 essays and 30 MC in less than 45 mins. I rushed home to get ready for work.
 Work wasn't too bad. After work I went straight back to school where I spent three hours in my MUN class debating and giving speeches. 
Coming out of that lecture I know for a solid fact that I am not interested in doing anything remotely related to the UN. (Rest assured, our tax dollars go towards paying a useless group of people arguing about nothing.)

I came home with a headache the size of Alaska and my stomach was so hungry that I thought I might have developed an ulcer. 

And here I am, with only 2 hrs until I take another step closer to the grave. 

I laid on my bed wishing with all my heart that I had a terminal illness that would justify dropping out of college and spending the rest of my life in sweats and watching TV. 

Never have I ever wanted that more than anything. Ever. Time infinity. 
*sigh*

I don't mean to be a debbie downer but this semester is just really so much harder than all of my other semesters at BYU combined. I don't really know what it is but I am having such a hard time getting everything done while balancing life. It is just frustrating. Anywho I will be back with some happy news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment