I just received a message from my HP Health Check thingamajig...It is suppose to check the status of my computer and update things and gadgets and whatnot.
I haven't really been paying any attention to it. I get annoyed from all the crap that pops out the moment I use my computer.
"This needs to be updated, wanna do it now?"
"No internet reception. You can not log in when you have no internet. Log in or die."
"This is absolutely useless information but LOOK AT ME! Look at me!"
"We really want to download this onto your computer!"
"The last back-up failed. Failed. FAILED."
Today, I received this message.
"Your battery pack can and will explode when it is overheated."
WHOA. What?! I quickly clicked for more information. I scrolled past a bunch of hoopla explaining WHY I need to replace my battery pack.
I got to the instructions part and it was so intricate and time consuming, my head started hurting and I was only on the 3rd step!
It was like open heart surgery but for my lappy's battery! There was something about printing or scanning something and then finding the serial number and manufacture dates and cutting and pasting and licking and sending and packaging and waiting......
I quickly weighed the pros and cons of having a explosive laptop versus my already throbbing headache.
I chose living with an explosive laptop.
C'mon, my lappy is tough. Built like a rock. (I'm pretty sure that is the motto for Ford or something..)
When I was a wee little Freshmen and had really no intelligence, I took my laptop to class almost everyday.
Not only was my laptop a huge distraction (Facebook, Solitaire..) to my education but the journey from my apartment to campus was quite brutal.
My lappy may have been bruised, dented, and scratched but has been so good to me! It tries to make me happy by playing music the moment I log on {even though sometimes I hate the music it plays} or making beeping noises to me when it is confused as to what I want {I just want to minimize the screen...that is all I want!}.
Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on him though....because I secretly want a Mac.
There I said it.
I want a Mac.
I don't know why...maybe because they look super cool or maybe because it has the coolest programs like Iphoto and Garage band.
It might be because Apple uses environmentally friendly materials.
Or that a Mac will be 20 lbs lighter then any other laptop.
It also has a longer battery life (not to mention a non explosive battery pack).
When I get thoughts like these, I quickly reaffirm my love to Lappy by cleaning the keyboard and downloading a bunch of updates and uploads....because we wouldn't want it to get jealous and....well, explode.
Now, do we?
No comments:
Post a Comment