Pages

2.18.2010

Overheard @ BYU

It's the latest little Facebook trend. 

I actually really enjoy reading some of those post. While to any other student who has not attended BYU it would seem absolutely ridiculous that any of those things were actually said...
It isn't. 

It happens. Quite often, actually. 


Just this last week as I was studying for my D&C test in the No Shhhh zone of the Harold B. Library, two girls sat down at my table. They were really nice and I enjoyed having some (distant) company.
They were studying for PLSC 100 which is really just history with a focus on law cases. It is not a requirement or anything but I am wanting to take it because it would be sooo much fun. 

Anyways the girls were going through their study guide and reached a question concerned Marbury vs. Madison. Now I LOVE history and they were flipping through their books, going through their notes, and searching for the answer online. 

I couldn't help it. I became that annoying person that jumps in, uninvited, to a conversation! 

I asked if they were talking about Marbury vs. Madison (of course they were...) and then continued to explain the case and what was significant about it. 

I went back to my flashcards, slightly embarrassed that I had just done that. 

Their conversation slowly took a turn. 
Girl 1: Do you think that he will have questions concerning supreme court rulings?
Girl 2: I had a dream about the test, and I remember seeing a question on the supreme court so we should probably study that.
Girl 1: Ok!

I posted it onto Overheard @ BYU that night.


Heather finally arrived and stopped me from this madness. We continued to study for our test and ended up doing really well on it.

Now every time I am in public and chatting with my friends I find myself subconsciously making sure what I had just said was not going to be put on that group. It has made life more interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment