I realize that a large majority of the cellphones have cameras on them. I think it is a great feature to have when you want to take a picture of something happening in the spur of the moment or wish to send a picture to a friend.
My main problem is when people spend (I am guessing hours) time posing by themselves in front of their cellphone camera.
Not really DOING anything. Just sitting there....taking pictures of themselves.
Now I am not judging those who take pictures of themselves. I do it. Everyone does. Having pictures of yourself are great!
But having over 50 pictures of just yourself in similar gangsta pouts and seductive smiles taken by your cell phone is when I start judging.
Once I was asked what was the most valuable thing that my family owned. I immediately answered pictures. I truly believe that a photo says a thousand (possibly more) words. They hold people, memories, places, and events. Those pictures hold emotions, and even when people change the people in those pictures don't. That is the beautifully magical part of pictures.
My friends probably know who I am talking about....(*cough Ketchup bottle cough*). This person shall remain anonymous. Even though I am pretty sure that this person has NO idea I have a blog and have decided to write about their annoying habits of taking too many phone photos of themselves.
But it has been bothering me to the point where I smack my head against my white dorm room wall questioning how a person can actually be so in love with themselves.
So this next little part is where I vent.
Your first guess is that this person is a girl. I am not going to hide or lie about that because it is common for girls to exhibit this type of behavior. This girl LOVES herself. Not in a caring and pampering way but physically thinks that she is the hottest shiz in the world.
She has SEVERAL facebook photo albums of pictures of just herself. Not with actual friends doing actual things in actual settings but CELL PHONE pictures of herself.
Albums of it.
Now I am not quite sure what she hopes to accomplish by doing this. Possibly to share with the facebook community the many different positions and poses one can do with just a cell phone camera.
Or to make sure her facebook friends do not forget how completely HOT she looks like
(Excuse me while I barf).
I am a girl. I know how picture taking goes. Girls generally hate taking pictures unless they are comfortable and confident that the picture will not turn out to be hideous. We take a few seconds to strategically pose and smile so that the picture turns out to look decent. Then we have to approve of it.
We zoom up on the picture and quickly determines whether or not it is a good picture. If it is ugly, not another single soul can see it, and it must be deleted immediately. Then the cycle starts all over again until a decent picture is taken.
Picture taking is tough and dramatic.
So apply this same concept to the couple dozen pictures this girl takes of herself.
How much time would you have to spend to take enough pictures of yourself to fill several albums? How much would you have to LOVE yourself to actually POST these albums onto facebook?
Oh and these are just pictures that she has placed onto facebook. Who knows how many more of these pictures are still on her cell phone or just sitting on her computer?
I don't really quite know where this post is heading, I guess that is what venting is. There really is no conclusion other than the fact that every time I sign onto facebook I "get to" see her pouting her lips into her cell phone camera.
Thank you so very much.
I don't know where I would be without all of those self-obsessed pictures of yourself.
Oh and by the way, you look ugly funny.
On the brighter side I went to a very fun pool party on Friday night. I am planning on attending again.
But don't think of calling the drums on rock band because, apparently, calling the drums means nothing when you are a 21 year old man who acts like 10 year old.
That is a story for another time. I have vented a little too much and people reading this (are people reading this?) will actually know think that I am cynical and rude.
Here is a self-taken picture of myself taken with my cell phone.
It is titled " I love myself so much that I have no friends or better things to do other than take pictures of myself with a crappy cell phone camera. LOL."
..........
......
....
..
.
Hahaha I wouldn't do that to you.....

No comments:
Post a Comment