I had hoped to study and get ahead in my classes this weekend...but as we all know that never really happens.
I worked both Fri. and Sat. night. I love working. I have never hated a single job that I had.
Not one single one.
Whether that means I am just a pretty positive person or that I am lucky to land great jobs, I am always happier when I am at work.
For example, I helped a lovely young man propose to a very lovely young women the other weekend at the restaurant. He was so nervous the entire time while the girl, being so cute and oblivious, was enjoying her time.
The poor guy didn't even eat his meal!
This weekend the majority of the customers were couples celebrating V-day. It always makes me happy when I see cute couples together, young or old, pretty or average.
I mean I see it a lot since I attend BYU...everyone is either dating, engaged, or married
but when I see an elderly couple gently and sweetly show affection to each other, it gives me hope
that
maybe
the world isn't such a horrible place.
This last weekend was Valentine's Day. I have never been really big on any holiday other than Christmas and Chinese New Years.
Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day happen to be on the very same day this year. Not only did I get flowers, several plates of cookies, balloons, and more flowers...I also received money.
So overall, this weekend was pretty successful. Not to mention that it was Bailey's birthday. She came down for the weekend and we played. Just like old times :)
She met a very nice (cough cough) BYU boy :) and I approve of him. Although I would not jump to conclusions about their future (dating/friend) relationship, I know that he will be a much better friend/boy for her than any of the friends/boys that she has had this past year.
After a nice birthday dinner we decided to watch Dear John.
It won the award for the worst movie EVER.
If I worked at a movie rental store I would not know what category to put this horrible movie under.
It had several cute and precious moments that WOULD have made it worthy of a chick flick but then throw in a little of autism/cancer problems, father-son relationship, war hero, deaths....
then you get Dear John.
There are few films that I can not STAND to watch. Most of the time when a movie or a show is playing on TV, I am more than willing to give it my full attention.
I remember watching Edward Scissorhand when I was younger.
I disliked it.
It made no sense to me. How could he have scissor for hands? Why were all the people insanely annoying and dumb? Edward was also super creepy and dangerous. He ruined everything for everyone. For a grown man with scissors for hands, he was really useless and wimpy.
The ending was super disappointing and made no sense.
Then I watched Willow this past summer. I remember being so annoyed and uncomfortable while it was playing.
Some movies recommend wearing 3-D glasses to fully experience the movie.
With Willow I recommend being on drugs to enjoy it.
You couldn't pay me to watch it.
Dear John has made it to the list of movies that I will never be seeing ever again. I already went in with no/little expectations (I went mostly for Channing. He was the ONLY thing keeping me in that theater seat..) but came out with so much disappointing, confusion, and anger that I might as well have watched Edward Scissorhand or Willow.
As you can tell it frustrated me so much that I had to dedicate an entire blog about it.
School starts tomorrow and there will be no breaks until school ends.
I was hoping to end this post on a lighter and happier note...
Dang it.

No comments:
Post a Comment