Pages

1.27.2014

Add another to the list...

I love animals. I really do, even though my list of roadkill that I have contributed to the highways would indicate otherwise.

Over MLK weekend, my family and some family friends decided to take a road trip to Antelope Canyon and Las Vegas. Being the excellent driver that I am, I did a lot of the driving.

As we were heading south towards Antelope Canyon, a small grey bunny darted out from the shrubs and in front of my car. I saw him before he dashed out and in a split second, deciding between to slam on the brakes and potentially swerving the car into a ditch or....to run over the bunny.

I ran over the bunny.

I'm not proud of it, but I did it without even flinching.

Anyways, here are some photos.

We may have taken a detour to Bryce Canyon....just to do an early morning hike so we could watch the sunrise. And by detour, I mean a 4 hour divergent.



BUT we finally made it to Antelope Canyon just for the last few hours of sunlight. And I got this awesome shot using my cellphone! Needless to say, it was breathtaking.



Me. Entrance of the canyon.





Happy campers. Seriously though, it was way too early to be on top of a canyon ridge.


If you have not heard or been to Antelope Canyon, I would highly recommend it. The canyon is not a State Park and is privately owned by the members living in the Reservoir. And every year the inside of the canyon changes so go before it disappears!



Vegas was the usual -- food and shopping. For such a short and simple road trip, it was such a welcome break from work and being in Utah (ahem inversion).

Teaser: I'm planning a trip....THE trip of the year. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment