Pages

5.29.2013

While it lasts

I've been enjoying the last few weeks of my freedom. Not that my I'm not appreciative and relieved of having a big girl job, but with a job comes less time to waste. Obviously a good thing since I've exhausted my queue of TV shows and movies on Netflix.



So my days consist of the regular shifts at the restaurant and tutoring with a bunch of random fun things thrown in. All in all, it's been a good vacation. Since graduating in December, I've had quite of bit of, well, nothing to do. At first it was definitely awesome. Um, I get to sleep and never change out of my pajamas? Paradise! 

Then it got old. Fast. I was too young to just be eating box after box of cereal and watching reruns of TV shows! 

Obviously law school is not in my near future, and it may or may not be in my future anymore. Oh well, such is life, right? I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't ridiculously frustrated with the recent twist of events. Nor will I deny that tears weren't shed when I realized that it was time to let go of my childhood career plan. 

But as I move forward with life, I'm much more at peace with how things are turning out than I would have guessed. So maybe I'm doing the right things...?

Until I share with you the adventures of my life as a young professional, here are some pics of our weekly roommate dinners :) 




Those are homemade biscuits. That's right. From scratch. So obviously I didn't make them...but they were good! 








No comments:

Post a Comment