The Humane Society has recently expanded and remodeled their adoption center and added a Kitty City to it. So obviously when Chelsea came to visit from San Diego, we had to visit!
The center really was all that and more, each room had nature music playing and a TV monitor showing birds and mice to "entertain" the cats. I'm thinking that this and the Dr. Seuss quotes on the walls of the room were more for the comfort and pleasure of the humans walking in than for the cats...
I love dogs. LOVE dogs. Times one hundred. Plus two...and that is how much I love dogs. And obviously I've known that I have a soft spot for dogs, but going to the dog center at the Humane Society just reaffirmed how much I can't control myself. I actually ended up crying at the center. The dogs were not even in poor living conditions or in bad health conditions, they just seemed so sad and wanted a home so badly. And that breaks my heart, hearing them cry and whine for you to come and pet them through the gate just about did it for me.
Not thinking through that the Humane Society would actually have a negative effect on us, we decided that food was always a good choice to cheer us up! And what better food than Indian! Mmhhhmm I love me some coconut chicken korma and peshwari naan.
We'll be visiting Chelsea in San Diego in May. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are for the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment