Pages

2.15.2013

My umpteenth time in Vegas


This picture wasn't from Vegas, it was from New Year's Eve. This is how long it has been since I've posted.
New Year's Eve always turns out to be pretty surprising in all sorts of ways. Some good, some bad, some fun, some boring. But every year, without fail, I always marvel at the fact that I've made it another year and anticipate for all the unexpected things that are to happen in the coming year!

K's friend, M, wanted to travel down to Vegas for a temple sealing with a family she knew. Obviously, this called for a road trip and when Vegas is involved, I'm there. We left at the crack of butt on Saturday morning and arrived in St. George for brunch.


Now, Utah for the past few weeks and that week had turned into a tundra. Records for lowest temperatures were broken and sunlight seemed like a myth. So 27 degree weather in St. George was like Heaven. We basked in the double digit weather.



 It was my first time in the Las Vegas temple and it always fascinates me how temples can be so similar and so different at the same time. Growing up in Utah, I was also use to the way the Provo temple operated. But the Las Vegas temple was beautiful and it is definitely one of my favorite temples.


We were starving after attending the temple and immediately grabbed some food at the PH hotel. After such a delicious meal, we ended up walking the strip to burn it off. On our walk, we encountered a club promoter. 
Now, on every single one of my many, many visits to Vegas I have never once stopped to talk to or listen to the sales people and promoters that dot the strip. I was always taught that they were liars and swindlers. But for some reason, maybe I was feeling particularly relaxed so I let my guard down or maybe Robert seemed honest and nice, we stopped to hear what he had to say. 




He ended up getting us into a club for free! Not just any club, but LAX. It is one of the largest clubs in Vegas. And not only did we get in for free, but we were guaranteed free drinks (which would have been nice...I guess, if we wanted that). At first we were pretty skeptical but thought, why not? So we got to the club around 11 pm and, like Robert said, our name was on the list and we strolled past the people waiting in line to be stamped up and entered the red and black club. What a night!



Once again, we were just loving the sun. The thought of going home to the freezing weather and snow was awful.



We had originally planned to see a show when we were in Vegas, but due to the lack of shows/show times and the pricing, we skipped that idea. Instead, we treated ourselves to a lovely dinner at the Paris Hotel.


Nutella crepes. Man, oh man. It was love at first sight.






Right before we left, we got to see Karah! I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to become such good friends with her before she decided to return to Vegas to continue the rest of her schooling.


I honestly love Vegas...maybe I'll go to law school there? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment