Finally.
And as my last semester at the Y is drowning me in school work, per usual, I feel like I should share a thing or two that I have learned from college...
- Procrastination. Is key. Give me an entire semester to write a paper and I will still write it in the 48 hours before it is due. I wish that I could tell you that you will grow out of it and become a responsible, time sensitive adult. But I just finished a 6 page research prospectus 8 hours before it is due...
- Listen to that weak voice of reason at 2 am when it tells you that staying up all night is not a good idea. I know for a fact that all-nighters cause migraines, back pain, headaches, hair loss, inability to make any decision, more pain, and overall irritation and grumpyness.
- Everyone is thinking the same thing. Ya know when the professor spouts off some term and you realize you have no idea what he or she is talking about? Yeah, everyone also just thought that. Ya know that kid who always gets one hundred percent on the mid-terms? Yeah, everyone also just shot her or him with their imaginary laser-beam eyes.
- Life goes on. People make mistakes, especially college students. Embrace those mistakes, learn from them and then move on. Pick yourself up. No matter how hard or how far you think you've fallen, someone else has fallen harder and farther and if they can get up and keep walking, you can too.
Unless you decided to take the LSAT and go to law school. In that case, good freakin' luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment