Pages

7.26.2012

Gatorade

It was Pioneer Day and to celebrate, a group of us headed down to Spanish Fork for some good ol' firework show. Originally it was the roomies, but then we invited three people...the three people then invited a couple more people.

In the end, we had a caravan of several cars traveling down for the fireworks.


It was tricky business. Traffic was bad and none of us knew how to navigate Spanish Fork. After a lot of waiting, giving directions over the phone, and wandering the park, we found a spot and declared, "This is the place!"

A friend of ours, T, had asked me early about bringing treats. I had told him to surprise me, he ended up with purple gatorade and sour patch watermelon. The company was good, and the fireworks were amazing considering the last-minute planning we had made to go.

We went our separate ways and went to bed.

The next morning I received a call from T stating that he still had my gatorade and wanted to return it to me. I laughed and joked that I had no idea how I would live without it. Taking it quite seriously, he simple said, "I'm going to return it to you. Didn't you say you were going to be at work today?"

I paled. "No, no, no, I didn't really need it. I was completely joking."

"Well," T said, "I'm already at your work place. I wanted to come visit you...."

I turned nervously to the door as I saw him walking from a distance towards my work. He came in and set the bottle of used gatorade on the counter.

"It's kinda warm, you might want to put it in the fridge."

I nodded and smiled. We carried on a decent conversation, but the entire time I was thinking Why did you return a bottle of gatorade that I didn't finish last night? 

It's not the first time I have had a visitor bearing some sort of strange gift or item for me, but used gatorade is definitely the first, and I give it A for effort in creative thought process in dropping by to see a girl again.

Really, a half drank bottle of gatorade?

3 comments:

  1. winnie you are my favorite. and i really miss you! i had a proposition for you so text or call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was probably one of my favorite stories that you've shared with us after along day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, you sure know how to make a girl blush :)

    ReplyDelete