Pages

4.02.2012

Sick

I wish I was graceful at being sick.

Because when I get sick, I evolve into a needy and whiny person. All of my independence is thrown out the window, and I need someone to wait on me day and night.

Aside from the fact that I have zero ambition to do anything on my own or for myself, I become this bloated and red-nosed patient. No amount of make-up or medication will make this go away. It's like I've become Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer after one too many Christmas cookies in human form.

It's not that I want  people to pity me and then drop everything just so they can make me feel better, but it's sorta like that.

I hate being sick, when I was little I was sick a lot. Even to this day, I am the worst person to be sick in my family due to the longevity and seriousness of me being sick.

So for conference weekend, I didn't watch a single session. Why? Because I was knocked out from medication the entire weekend. Besides my bed and the bathroom, I went no where else.

Now that finals are looming on the horizon, I'm desperate to get better. I've taken every cold medication and fever reducer in just about any form and brand in hopes that my choice to overdose on medicine will result in my miraculous recovery, and not in a trip to the hospital for a stomach pump.

Since I'm still here writing this, that situation is unlikely. So rest assured, I'm just being dramatic and overly complaining about my situation.

But really, I need to get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment