Pages

4.18.2012

Hong Kong


City lights everywhere you turn

Hong Kong!

Cars honking and late night dining.

Hong Kong.

I can practically hear the constant buzz of Cantonese conversations.


Hong Kong

Victoria Harbor with its nightly laser show.

hong kong ..

I was born here. And nothing makes me miss it more than playing around with the idea of visiting this summer.

The skyscrapers frame the sky, street vendors call out, smell of sweet waffles, and the brush of a taxi cab.
My first childhood memories consist of incense smoke, cigarette buds, metro stops at rush hour, and hot tea on a humid summer day.

It's fascinating how a few infant memories can tie me back to a place. I've been back to Hong Kong several times since moving to America.

Hopefully, one day I will have the chance to visit America from Hong Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment