Pages

3.05.2012

Frenemy



If there was such thing as Diet Coke Anonymous, I wouldn't have to go.

I use to be so addicted. Like massive-headache-consumed-my-entire-body-if-I-was-not-hooked-into-an-IV-with-Diet-Coke addicted. I use to drink liters. LITERS. of it. 

I didn't realize how bad I had it until one fine morning I woke up, groggily stumbled down to the kitchen just because. 

I ended up drinking diet coke. Out of the bottle. At 7 am. 

Yeah, that's when I realized I had a problem. 

But it wasn't until my new year's resolution did I make a firm goal to stop drinking Diet Coke. 

Completely. As in I won't be touching a drop of it. 

Lots of people skeptically ask me why or for how long. And my answer is just because and I don't know. 

Until I feel ok about it? While this decision has become a really good idea with my training and what not, sometimes it gets really super tempting to just drink it. 

Especially at work. When that Diet Coke foundation machine taunts me and reminds me how much I use to love it. 

Well, Mr. Diet Coke with your brand new can design, I am holding strong to my resolution. 
I'm please to announce that I have gone 2 months without a single drop.  

Goals are so awesome, make a goal and just watch it get done. I truly believe that you can do anything, and when I say anything I mean anything, when you set your mind to it and put in the work. Nothing is impossible and if you don't get it the first time, shake it off. And try again. 

Because if I can get off Diet Coke, you can do just about anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment