Plainly put, I have been blessed.
In the last couple of months, there have been so many stressful events and issues {mainly regarding money and school} that it seems as if there was no way out and that I would end up just living on the streets without a college degree....or worst, living on the street with a college degree.
Just in the last few weeks, surprisingly many of these problems have worked themselves out. It wasn't pure luck, but that my prayers and hard-work have been answered.
I received a 50% deduction in my LSAT prep course. I have consistently made over the average amount of tips every time I have worked. The constant support of family and friends. All my classes are in order and my internship is well-under way.
While there are still many trials and hardships, I am so grateful for the lift in the heavy load I currently carry. I know that God watches over me, and the moment that I received news of my internship, of the deduction in my prep course, and whenever I receive a more than generous tip, I am overwhelmed with the feeling of love and gratitude.
It is in the small and simple things that I have come to know that God exists and that He truly watches over us. It is also in these small mercies that I am comforted in the decisions that I have made.
A friend of mine once said, "I don't believe in God. I believe in luck. I doubt there is a reason we are here, we are all just mindlessly living one day to the next."
This statement constantly surrounds my thoughts, not because I question or doubt, but simply because this statement is consistently proven wrong on so many levels. Every time I see the hand of God in my life, I think back to what my friend once said. How awful and sad it must be for my friend to live day after day thinking that God does not care!
In other news, it has been exactly a year since I packed up and left for Washington DC. Looking back on where I was a year ago, I have traveled, both physically and mentally/emotionally, immeasurable lengths. A wave of nostalgia fills me when thinking about all the things that I learned merely just a year ago in the District of Columbia.
There is a special place in my heart for that politically active capital. And I am so glad that I made the decision to move across the United States and work and study in an unknown place. It has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. The experiences and the people that I have met there have had a lasting impact on me.
With that being said, I can not wait for what lies ahead. 2012 feels like a special year. Not only will I be graduating this year, but I will also {hopefully} be accepted in my future law school where I will begin the next exciting adventure of my life. So much can and will happen in the next 12 months, I can only hope that I can stay true to who I am and constantly remember my Savior and His love for me.
I am still working on my new year's resolution. I'll post it when I have them figured out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment