Pages

12.31.2011

Weeks like these

It is during weeks like Finals Week that my testimony really grows.

Not only am I grateful for the strength to stay up hours upon hours doing mind numbing tasks like studying and writing a total of 20 pages in papers due during finals week, but that I know that my savior, Jesus Christ, loves me and knows exactly what I am going through.

I can not begin to fathom how much suffering and pain He would have to go through to atone for the sins of those who were, who are, and who have yet to come. Bleeding from every pore may sound too much to be true, but if the weight of the entire existence of man kind was upon my shoulders, I know I wouldn't have made it.

So every time I am about to throw my laptop out the window and seriously consider being a waitress for the rest of my life, I just take a deep breath and know that Jesus Christ did not just experience the suffering that I currently feel from Finals Week, but the suffering of every single college student suffering from Finals Week.
That thought alone humbles me.

All jokes set aside, it really has been such a spiritually strengthening week for me. In the midst of all the stress and pressure, I have been able to witness the love of Christ and the power of His plan for us.

However, I attend the Lord's church....so why did He have to make this so incredibly difficult?!

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a like button because I would have pressed it for this entry! Love you!

    ReplyDelete