Pages

4.09.2011

Good people

I'm a good person. 

Or at least that is what a completely random stranger told my roommate and me on the metro last night.

My roommate and I were headed home from dinner in Adams-Morgan {we had Ethiopian food. It was sooo interesting! I actually ate the entire meal with my hand. It was awesome!} 
As we were entering the metro station a man asked for some spare change. Now, DC has a lot of these panhandlers. They are all over the city. I always try to give them an apple or a bag of crackers when I past one but never money. 

This time I only had money, and he seemed so sincere and in such a rut. So my roommate and I gave him money. 

We then got onto our train where the cutest baby boy was sitting next to us. We got him to smile but resulting in his Binky falling on the floor. His mom didn't notice so I picked it up and returned it to her. 

Once the train reached its next stop, a man sitting across from us got up and walked towards my roommate and me. He said, "You two are good people. I watched you give money to that man, and then you picked up that binky. You are good people, and you should tell people that."

It was nice of him to {stalkerish-like?} notice. Personally, I didn't know that what I was doing was considered "good people" acts. I was simply doing it because I know that is what I was suppose to do. 


It meant a lot though to have someone just simple say thank you. A little goes a long way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment