I never get mail.
Ok 'never' is pretty harsh.
I rarely get mail and when I say rarely I mean only when there is a full moon on the 31st of the even months and it happens to align with a Thursday when the mailmen/women decide to do their job.
Yeah, that rare.
When I do receive mail, it is usually because I had to pay for something and it came in the mail or some notice from an obscure company wants me to pay attention to them.
My email account, however, is very much loved. So loved to the point where I have 4 different email accounts.
I use my gmail account to handle my family's business email.
I use my first hotmail account to sign up for companies/websites. junk kind of things that require an email address etc.
My second hotmail account is strictly for school related activities.
My yahoo account is for anything Chinese related. So mail from relatives and what not.
On top of that I am full time secretary and part time daughter to my parents so I run their email accounts as well. They are pretty good about checking it but I sort and write all emails for them. I guess they are really busy or sommmmething. My dad has two email accounts, one on hotmail and gmail. My mom has one hotmail account {thank goodness}.
On average I check my own {one} hotmail email/inbox at least 10 times a day.
and
every
single
time
there is always mail waiting for me.
Granted, some of them may be junk...but I don't even get physical junk mail anymore!
Today I checked my email at around 3 pm. I had several email messages from my classes. No biggie, I scanned through them, sorted them into their folders and logged out.
I check back 3{maybe, it could have been 2.5} hrs later and I had 15 new messages.
Most of it was class/school related but some of it was good news. I found out I got another scholarship. {YAY FOR MONEY!} and some other internship wanted me {ooohh now they want me. I was FREAKING out when I thought I would be internship..less.} but it actually made me super happy to go through all 15 messages.
That meant that within those three hours, I received on average 5 emails per hour. That is quite a bit seeing as how all of them were of important substance.
I have never relied on email so much in my life. My professors sent study guides, homework changes, and important information through email. In junior high and high school I used email to send those stupid chains.
You know, the ones where you had to scroll all the way down, fill out 154 questions, kiss a leprechaun and send it to 50 friends within the next 20 seconds or else your kids will grow up deformed and your house will burn down.
That is what I did with my email five years ago.
I always thought those ads that asked if you wanted to pay extra to upgrade to a really super cool email account was dumb. Who would pay for something that was free to begin with?
I completely understand now and might actually invest in a really super cool email account upgrade.
{See what college has done to me?!}
What I am trying to say is that while I miss physical snail mail, I am getting more than enough mail that I am doing just fine without it...
so take that stupid postal service!
No comments:
Post a Comment