Today, I attended my History of Creativity class. For those who do not know, this class is a joke. {I was going to make some sort of reference to this inside joke about Heather's (f)art class but I'm pretty sure I am the only person who thinks it is funny so I will spare you..for now.}
I think I have been twice since the semester started. And both times I left half way through the class. It is just a boring professor who does not actually teach us anything that we can not read from the textbook so I don't go.
But I went today and I got to sit next to three lovely BYU students.
They came in with their sweats and uggs and matching Track and Field backpacks. One of the cute brunettes sitting next to me chatted about their excruciating practice and how her time was getting better. She then proceeded to pull out the textbook for the History of Creativity class we were currently in and started to read ahead for the class.
{This class is open book and open notes for the test and quizzes so reading really isn't important but go her!}
Every once in a while she would pull out her phone and giggle over her texts. From listening in on their conversation it was a boy. She wasn't super interested in him yet but he was nice and fun so she was just going to see where things went. I noticed her nails were painted a pretty color when she reached into her BYU Track & Field backpack and came out with a home packed veggie tray. She didn't even buy baby carrots, she had cut the carrots so they were bite size and fit into the container.
I felt oddly under accomplished at that moment. This girl sitting next to me was not only a student athlete but she was on top of her course work, entertaining boys, keeping up on appearances, and packing healthy treats.
And here I was, trying to stay awake while doing some last minute cramming for a geography test I was going to fail while half-heartedly listening to the ongoing lecture of a class I never go to all while trying to remember was the last time I went for a jog ....
A+ for effort.
F- for overall grade in life.
I wrote Austin another letter. I waited a good month or so before writing him. Maybe, just maybe I will get a prompt response this time?
No comments:
Post a Comment