Pages

8.17.2010

We are men!

I feel very manly. Almost to the point where I probably wouldn't flinch if I saw a spider. 

We went boating with CL's family and I caught two rainbow trouts. It was pretty exciting. I grabbed those suckers out of the water...ok I used bait and a fishing rod and a net BUT when one of them tried jumping out of the box, I totally grabbed it and showed him who was boss. 

  We went cliff jumping and that involved climbing dirt and rocks. So yah, I would say that would merit manliness.

This weekend a group of five girls (me included) went up AF canyon and camped.

Yep that's right. 5 G-I-R-L-S. 

As I was packing my face wash and moisturizer I joked to Jac about how we should quote Will Ferrell and fart the entire trip like real men do. 

This started the entire theme of our trip. We decided to be men.
How hard can it be?! 

We packed up all of our stuff and bought a bunch of food to make tin foil dinners and headed up the canyon. We found a nice little spot near a river and set up camp. 
We set up our tent within less then an hour. Now, this tent isn't your average four-five person small tent. It has two rooms, several entrances, and a verrrryyy tall ceiling. Were we proud of it? You betcha. 

Next, we had to cook our food. We gathered wood and started a fire with our bare hands (with some help from lighter fluid and lighters..). The food cooked exceptionally well for being wrapped in tinfoil and surrounded by nature. 
After eating, we decided to take a scenic walk/hike. We came up to some pretty steep and intimidating looking rocks so we did what any natural man would do.
We climb those rocks like a man!

It was probably not the best idea seeing as how between the 5 girls, all we had were rain boots and flip flops but we have some great pictures to show for it. 
Anyways so the 5 very manly men headed back to camp and decided to play some card games. We had put out the fire before we went our little hike/rock climb and planned to start it again when it got darker but as we were playing Uno, I looked over Heather's shoulder and saw that the fire was already going!

There were some some branches and twigs in the fire pit that was being engulfed in this bright, tall, orange flame. No one claimed to starting this beautiful fire so we concluded that the fire started all on its own. 
Wow, being a man was easier then I had ever imagined! 

We did the whole sitting around the fire and told gross, immature stories. Occasionally we would sing a few manly songs like "99 bottles of beer on the wall!". We even did a fire dance and threw sticks and rocks and stuff. Grunts and spitting probably scared away all the bears but we could have taken them. We were on such a high on how good we were at being men that every sentence ended with "....like a  man!".


Lemme tell ya, after this weekend of boating and camping we are all certified to be men and junior rangers.
I wanna see another guy tell me I can't do what they do.  Spend a day in our five inch heels and just TRY to do our job

....like a man!



1 comment:

  1. best blog post ever!!! i laughed so hard while reading this and it was all incredibly accurate. i am so glad you have a blog winnie!

    ReplyDelete