Pages

6.05.2010

Summer lovin'

I actually forgot how much I love summer. 

Between moving in and out of homes/apartments the first week of May to coming home to a pile of bills and problems, I didn't feel like I was on summer break. 

On Thursday night my roomies and I decided to spend quality time with each other and took a stroll around BYU campus. 
I forgot how in love I am with campus. It really just makes everything seem better. 
Anyways, we took our walk and even discovered a few new things about south campus. When we were almost back to the apartment we ran into the boys of apartment #420

Before I go on with our story, it would make much more sense if I explained the background of apt.#420. 

Last year at Wyview, my friends had a little bit of boy problems with apt #420. They decided that it was just such an unlucky number since all the boys in that apartment were mean and stupid. Also, on April 20th it is Weed Day. 

In February when we stopped at the Colony to check apartments out, we realized that there was an apt #420. We joked and laughed about the coincidence of being placed in that apartment but didn't think much of it.

The first week of living at the Colony, I noticed 3 motorcycles and 4 scooters parked outside apt. #420. My roommates and I made it a goal to meet the boys who owned those motorcycles and to get a ride on one of them.Not really thinking that all those vehicle owners would belong to #420, we set out to reach out goal.
We tried our best. The first sunday we asked and researched about the owners of the motorcyles but no one seemed to know. 

Then I left for Hong Kong. 


Our timing was perfect. They had just finished an ultimate frisbee game and was outside their apartment chatting when we happened to pass by.
It turns out that Thursday is their "Shirtless Scooter Ride Day". They invited us and it just so happened that there were the perfect number of boys/motorcycles and girls. 

So we attended the first Weekly Shirtless Scooter Ride and even stopped at Wendy's for Frostys.  

Yes. Shirtless scooter ride really does mean that they were shirtless
Being cute was just a bonus.
It was so fun and such a great way to be welcomed back home. 
Who knew that by taking a short walk around Provo would lead to being on the back of a motorcycle with shirtless boys we had just met and riding around Provo. 

Turns out these boys will be in our FHE family so we will be seeing each other often. 

SEEEEEE
When you make it a goal, it happens. 
:)




1 comment:

  1. i'm serious. can i please please please come to your fhe like every week?

    ReplyDelete