Pages

3.19.2013

Juice Fasts


So a couple of months back, I watched this documentary about a man who went on a 30 day juice fast. He consumed nothing but 3-4 fruit and vegetables juices a day.

I became fascinated with the idea of a detox for the body. So after much research, I bought a juicer. It was on sale and as of right now, I do a juice fast every couple of weeks for a couple of days.

The juice pictured is my favorite. It consists of:

2 apples
3-4 carrots
1/2 cucumber
1 cup spinach

and that's it! It makes quite a bit and it's delicious! I found myself with more or less the same amount of energy but I hadn't eaten! Especially with all the additives and preservatives that are in the food today, it's nice to occasionally let the body take a break.

I'm in the process of trying out new recipes, I'll let ya know which works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment