If you like Kelly Clarkson, then her new single "Mr Know it all" is pretty awesome. However, this blog post is not about how her strong vocals and honest lyrics have moved me.
It's about a Mr. Know it all in my Political Science class.
First off, everything about him screams dislike. He has this oddly shaped head with a receding hairline. I know, I know, it isn't his fault and looks aren't everything.
But it's the way he carries himself and that oddly shaped head with a receding hairline that rubs me the wrong way. He acts as if he is about to be elected President or promoted to CEO of a Fortune 500 company.
Confidence or cockiness. It doesn't matter, he and I do not get along already.
To add to the list of things is that he wears rings.
Plural.
He has his class ring {I am guessing from high school since I doubt he has won some athletic championship game from the looks of his
This picture does not do the situation justice. He is no where as cool or smooth as this picture depicts. So just imagine a man with an oddly shaped head and a receding hairline wearing rings THAT size on his pinkie, thumb, and index finger.
This kind of accessory causes him to sit/pose like the Godfather.
Another point in the annoying box.
But the biggest kicker I get out of having him in my class is whenever he chooses to make a comment. He clears his throat really loudly and then does a raising hand wave gesture as he continues to make a pre-planned speech.
Since he served a mission in Taiwan a billion years ago and visited for a few months post-mission, he is entitled to know all the facts of China's history, politics and culture. He wastes no time in letting you know how well-versed he is in the subject of this particular country.
Mr. Know it all uses an air of arrogance and apathy to fool all the other students that he is just a hidden and misunderstood genius, forced to stoop to the level of mediocrity. Frustration fills his voice as he realizes that no one claps or shakes his hand after every speech he gives.
Mr. Know it all also makes a point in letting everyone know that he is really good at memorizing everyone's name. So right before class starts he goes around the classroom asking people what their names are.
Not in hopes of actually getting to know them; no, it's purely a game of intimidation and superiority.
Normally, I would just ignore people like him, but in a class of 15 where we discuss Southeast Asian politics for 1.5 hours, it is difficult to keep my thoughts of his arrogance to myself, especially since he acts like he practically grew up in China and will be Prime Minister in the next year or so. I'm Chinese, and I am not even close to claiming know the things you so confidently proclaim.
Well, Mr. Know it all, I am on to you. You and your pinkie finger ring better watch out.
haha winnie! this is so funny! I hate people like that. so far my polisci classes have been pretty awesome though with no "mr know-it-all"s
ReplyDelete