Sometimes I make goals that are completely useless and unobtainable.
It can rather depressing when, for example, a goal of mine is to obtain a level of fitness or academic achievement. And near the end of my time frame I realize that, not only have I not accomplished my goal, but that I am much farther from it than when I began.
However, I am really awesome at getting things done when someone is egging me on. If you don't believe I can do it, prepare to be stunned.
But when I am just sitting in front of my laptop and thinking of awesome things I want to do, you can wait a lifetime before they get finished.
Imagine how frustrating it is when if you want anything challenging done, someone has to bother the heck out of you for it to be done. I think it's why I am so easily annoyed and angry towards most people. It's my source of energy and motivation.
My dear friend, Lauren, was married on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding, very well organized, and super romantic. One of the best weddings I have been to :)
When it was time for the bride to throw the bouquet, they called all the single women out. Most of the other single female attendants seemed so embarrassed and shy to be standing there. Which I don't quite understand, where is the shame in being single? It isn't like I have committed a crime or some super contagious disease.
Anyways, it might be due to the fact that every wedding I have attended it has been in singledom. So catching the bouquet has become a tradition for me. Even before they finished announcing the event, I was already standing dead center, ready for it to be tossed.
Now, a little background. Lauren's family members are tall. Like 6 feet tall female and who knows how tall the men are.
So here I am, standing in the midst of giants.
One of the female attendants related to the bride said, "Oh, you are Asian! You should stand up front since you probably can't jump high enough to reach."
It was a small comment, probably made in my best interest. But that was all it took.
The bouquet was thrown and I reached as far up as I possibly could.
I CAUGHT IT!
It wasn't the flowers, albeit gorgeous, or the symbolism that the catching of the bouquet held, but more so the fact that I had caught the flowers in the midst of a bunch of women, much taller than I was, who underestimated my ability to catch it.
I wanted to shove it in their face as if to say, "I did it! I did it! I did it! You thought I was short and wouldn't be able to catch it, BUT GUESS WHAT? I DID! I caught it and you didn't! Neen ner neen ner neener!"
Yep. I'm 6 years old.
{I promise to post pictures of Bailey and Lauren's weddings as soon as I get them. Promise, they were gorgeous weddings. Well worth the wait for professional pictures :) }
No comments:
Post a Comment