Pages

11.26.2010

Turkey Weekend

Feeling sicky and under the weather during Turkey Weekend is the worst. 
The family did the whole eating-food-all-day-until-we-burst thing and then we went up to Park City for shopping. It was below freezing but sooo worth it. We got lots of great deals and went home happy. 

I was offered a paid position at the National Defense University in DC. I accepted! It's funny how things just fall into place, just last week I was stressing about it and now it is taken care of. 

There are 43 days until I leave for DC. 


Jason Walker wrote a song called "Down". Part of his lyrics say: 

Not ready to let go
Cause then I'd never know
What I could be missing
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up what I’ve been wishing for.

 It explains pretty well how confused I am feeling right now.
What if I am not ready to go to DC? What if I miss out on something that I have been wishing for? 

Every single time that I travel, coming home is one of the best parts. I remember coming home from traveling in Europe and the moment I saw Mt. Timpanogos I almost started crying because I was so happy. 

When I spent 3 months in Hong Kong, I came home swearing that I would never leave home where carpet was abundant. 
{I obviously broke that...}
Two summers ago I found myself stuck in the Chicago airport. I was coming home from a visit to Heather in Maryland/New York. Being stuck in that airport for more than 24 hours made me so grateful to be home. 

I imagine that I am sounding like a wimp. I have friends who go years without seeing their family or going home so I really shouldn't be complaining! 

I am just nervous for all the wrong reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun and found great deals! Share your favorite stores when you become our fan, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.

    ReplyDelete