Several days ago I had the sudden urge to make a life altering decision.
It involved not eating meat or poultry. I don't really know what got into me to make a decision to become a vegetarian but I did it. I looked up a bunch of websites that gave me no helpful information about being a vegetarian but don't worry, Carrie Underwood & Paul McCartney are vegetarians so that means you should be one too!
{joke.}
For reals though, I love animals. I have only wanted to be three different professions in my entire life. From the moment I could remember existing to when I was about in 3rd grade I wanted to be a nurse.
Then from 3rd grade to about 7th grade I wanted to be a vet. During that stage of my life I was not only a book worm but I was an animal lover. I was obsessed with dogs and horses and just about anything that had fur. It was only until I found out that being a vet required so much schooling that I decided to become a lawyer in 7th grade.
And to this day I still want to be a lawyer....
Anyways moral of that story is that I love animals so much I almost based my entire career around it. But I am in no ways an animal hugger. I eat meat. I like beef. I eat chicken almost every day. Lamb is delicious and life wouldn't be the same without pork.
So my decision to become a vegetarian was not made from learning about the abused animals. {I have known for years and the first thought that came into my head was, "Well why isn't there a law against this and why is no one enforcing it?" and not, "Why, I should just not eat meat and that will show those horrible farmers that what they are doing is just wrong!"
No no, I chose to be a vegetarian because of all of the gross chemicals and preservatives they put into meat and poultry.
Also, farming cows and pigs add to global warming because of the additional fumes and energy needed to raise, kill, and market the animals. {I know this argument is debatable since it involves global warming but I believe in it so whatev. :) }
Then I realized that maybe the reason why the ice caps are melting so fast in Alaska is because we need a half pound of angus beef for burgers instead of a quarter...
And that maybe the reason I have to constantly be on medication so that my body doesn't kill itself is because all the chemicals they are pumping into chickens and cows so that I can save money on cheap meat and poultry and spend that money towards medical fees....it's a vicious cycle!
I even went as far as wanting to swear off seafood/fish and dairy/eggs but luckily my stomach intervened with the thought of salmon and banana creme pie so I settled with just not eating meat and poultry.
{By the way, did you know that there is a difference. I don't know the difference and I don't think anyone else in the world does but meat and poultry are TWO very different things and must be typed up/said differently. All according to the useless vegetarian websites.}
I went a good 4 days not eat meat. Before you say, "I told you so" let me explain!
I tried my hardest. I really did. I even ordered vegetarian things from restaurants! I would have banana creme pie for breakfast and salmon for dinner! It was the life and my stomach couldn't agree more.
But then my aunt and uncle from Hong Kong came to visit.
So of course after a day of hard work {shopping} we had to eat dinner. I suggested Sweet Tomato.
If you have never been to Sweet Tomato, go. I love it. It is a full salad and soup buffet. Everything is fresh and there are no preservatives in any of their food and very little meat to choose from.
Anyways I suggested a healthy alternative but my dad wanted the ice caps to melt a little faster and for me to have to take a couple extra pills so we went to Tucanos.
Yah, of all the places we could have gone to we went to Tucanos.
And I had meat.
BUT here is my reasoning and thought process for it all.
Are you ready?
Ok so you know how tree huggers probably don't like us using paper products like paper plates. They probably also don't like the fact that most non-tree huggers don't recycle.
{I have no idea what tree huggers believe in...}
Well, they boycott a lot of those things or they chain themselves to trees in the rain forest in order to save the trees. But these companies are still producing the paper plates and other paper products.
They are still being shipped out all over the nation and sold in every single store.
In fact, there are numerous types and brands of paper plates to choose from. Certain stores dedicate an entire aisle to paper goods.
So really, the tree huggers can't possibly think that by NOT buying these paper plates, they will just turn into trees.
No, the trees are gone. They are now paper plates. Whether or not if you use them. Actually if you don't use them it would probably be wasting them which is worse!
The cow was already dead. It was now a steak on my plate. And whether or not I eat it, it will not turn back into the chemically enhanced cow.
I didn't want to hurt the cow's feelings so I ate it.
Plus, The Gateway Tucanos decided that all of their male servers should be models as well because every single one of them working there was extremely attractive. Even the bus boy and the host was so attractive that I couldn't help but stare.
What is a girl suppose to do when a handsome looking man comes up to your table and offers you meat that he so ruggedly cut off a stick for you?!
At one time during our visit, we had three of these dashing looking servers around our table asking my sister and I what we wanted to eat next. It was like my heart's wish was their command. I said pineapple, they bought out pineapple. I wanted cod fish, it was on my plate. They even fought over who got to put the meat on my plate the fastest!
For being a vegetarian, Tucanos was the best experience of the month....
Oh and I might even have filled out another one of those birthday club things where you get a Tucanos birthday coupon....
Pathetic? I know.
I am allowing myself some meat such as eating chicken every couple of days...etc,etc... but only until I get the hang of it! Promise!
I think that maybe once I get this whole vegetarian thing down, I might *gasp* try getting off sugar.
{That would mean Diet Coke and banana creme pie. Luckily there is no business that has male models enticing customers to eat their weight in banana creme pie...don't worry I would know if there was!}
I think that maybe once I get this whole vegetarian thing down, I might *gasp* try getting off sugar.
{That would mean Diet Coke and banana creme pie. Luckily there is no business that has male models enticing customers to eat their weight in banana creme pie...don't worry I would know if there was!}
Oh and p.s. I got a letter!
Steve is the best missionary ever and he sent pictures of his birthday cake that we sent him.
I miss him SO much and just want him home RIGHT NOW. I also want Austin home but he has only been out for little less then a month so that will probably be harder to bargain with God.......
No comments:
Post a Comment