Pages

5.12.2010

Week 1: Hong Kong

After a long and tiring night of packing and going over contact information and plans with my parents, I was on the plane headed towards Hong Kong. It was a 20+ hr flight with two stops in between. We flew Korean Airline this time and I have to say that I enjoyed it very much. The service was good, the movie selection was great, and I got to play virtual golf as I flew across the pacific.

I landed in Hong Kong with swollen feet (it happens when you are flying for that long, all the sitting makes your feet swell....it goes away after a night on solid ground. No worries) and was greeted by m 5th uncle and aunt. We taxied to their new home in Mei Fu. Helen and I share a room and it has been a pleasant experience so far.
We took care of a bunch of legal stuff the next morning and then spent the rest of the day shopping. It was sooo tiring especially around 5 pm. Jet lag had hit me and it was about 3 am in Utah so I could barely even function.
We bought a bunch of stuff and then went out for dinner.

Today, we went bowling. It was super fun but it made me miss my freshmen year. My friend, Heather, dated Jake Craft during our freshmen year. Jake worked at Fat Cat's and there was a time during winter semester that we went and bowled several times a week for hours on end.

Anyways, bowling was fun and then we continued to shop. After several purchases, I decided I needed to stop. Or at least buy things for other people because I felt insanely selfish for spending all my time and money on myself.

So I bought some stuff for friends and family...actually I don't think I even bought that much although I spent a lot of money today.


Amber, Helen, and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow. It will be super fun and I am excited even though Disneyland Hong Kong is super small.

We are flying to Beijing this weekend and will be staying there for 5 days.

I CAN NOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment