The last few days have been absolutely gorgeous!
A group of us decided to go up the canyon and have a barbeque. We had kabobs, pineapple, meat, chicken, and lemon bread.
It was soo good and so much fun.
We threw a frisbee around and chatted.
Austin is leaving for his mission in a couple of weeks, and he is wanting to re-play last year's experienced of hiking the Y and eating at IHOP.
I hated that experience.
I had cleaned all day and was moving out. I attended a little luau party with Kelly and Heather before we started hiking the Y at twelve in the morning.
Most people will admit that the hike to the Y is a pretty steep hike. It is this rocky trail of switchbacks, combine that with high elevation and bad air quality and you get the Y.
I was not in the best physical condition to hike it.
On top of it, I had invited a friend to that hike that I may have been slightly interested in at the time
and
and
It was Austin & Steve's last day in Utah (for what we thought for the next two years) so every one was slightly sad.
So needless to say I was tired, nervous, and emotionally sad about this hike.
We hiked it in the dark with no flashlight. It was a horrible hike, and I thought I was going to die that night.
Then we decided to pay a visit to IHOP.
Bad Idea.
The food took forever and Austin was leaving.
We ended up saying our goodbyes at IHOP.
I ended up crying in the middle of IHOP at 3 in the morning after a long hike.
Not fun.
Even after this horrific experience,
Austin is adamant that we do it again this year.
I, on the other hand, am willing to do ANYTHING but hike and IHOP.
Actually, I would be fine with NOT doing anything and just saying "Ok, I'll see ya later!" when he leaves for Minnesota and just having him leave me a voicemail before he enters the MTC.
It would just be much nicer this way for everyone, don't you agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment